Babydash is Malaysia’s No.1 online baby store that was founded in 2011. We are a complete integrated digital baby store for all parents and we carry 8,000+ items. We commenced with the basic needs such as diapers, milk and skincare which parents run out of regularly. Over the years we expanded to the whole baby industry to include food, vitamins, toys, car seats, strollers, high chairs, baby cots and growing.
We launched Babydash Singapore in 2019 and we are on track to launch in a few more Asian countries going forward. We also commenced a new business line of exporting containers of diapers to the Maldives and will be expanding this to other countries as well.
The Babydash Team is obsessed with customer service and ensures that all customers have the best possible experience each time they shop with Babydash.
Some of the awards / features we have clinched include:
- Voted the no.1 online baby store in Malaysia by Tallypress in November 2017.
- Awarded 3rd prize by Digital Malaysia (National Digital Economy Initiative) for the Top 25 SMEs category.
- Digital News Asia named us one of their Digerati 50.
- Best Customer Engagement – Cradle Sdn Bhd (subsidiary of Ministry of Finance)
- Featured in BFM Freda Liu’s book – ‘Bursting Fixed Mindsets’. She featured 15 female entrepreneurs and key factors that made their ventures successful.
We raised funds via Equity Crowd Funding (ECF) in March 2017 where we were fully subscribed –RM 2million. We broke the record for the highest number of investors in South East Asia in 2017.
Mums are busy juggling multiple tasks daily from caring for babies/kids, their career, school runs to managing the household and the family at large. Imagine how e-commerce has removed the burden and hassle of running to the stores to get all their baby daily necessities such as bulky diapers, heavy milk tins, speciality baby skincare and more. On top of that, there is no offline store that stocks everything from A-Z for mums and babies as the range is far too wide. This is where Babydash comes in. We are proud to be trusted by a strong community of mothers and families.
E-Commerce is here to stay post - pandemic as consumers value safety, convenience and time. Online shopping was already a growing trend prior to Covid-19 and now the growth is accelerated.
To create a complete one stop integrated digital store for all mums and have the largest product offering available for all parents. We are constantly adding new brands and products to our platform and we will reach 10,000+ SKUs within the next 12 months.
As trusted advisors to the parenting community, we run quality checks and are very particular about the brands that we represent and feature on Babydash.
Babydash is the #1 trusted online platform for all baby needs. We are known for:
- Trust: We are a trusted platform and trusted advisors to mums. We only stock genuine products and have strong direct partnerships with brands. We have excellent rating from our customers as our customers always come first. Our customer service team is in constant communication with our customers and we pride ourselves on being a reliable source of information and advice to the parenting community. Our Google Reviews ranking is 4.8 stars.
- Quality: We curate and promise quality assurance of the brands we carry. Babydash has premium and international brands from Japan, US, UK, Australia such as Bellamy’s, Karihome, Earth Mama, Pigeon, Organix, Fisher Price, Jellycat and lots more.
- Convenient: All your baby and kids’ needs delivered to your doorstep in 4 clicks, within 24-48 hours. Premium same day delivery within 4 hours available for our Klang Valley customers.
- Value: 5-50% savings from our reasonable prices and loyalty programmes.
- Largest Selection: 8,000 SKUs and more from over 400 brands of all baby and kids products.
Since our first Equity Crowdfunding in mid 2017, Babydash has grown year on year on average by 46%. Our revenue in 2017 was RM2.2mln and we closed our FYE 2020 at RM6.7mln. Going forward, we have ambitious plans to double our revenue in 12 to 18 months once we have completed our second round of Equity Crowdfunding.
With a 180,000 strong parenting community and growing, Babydash is continuously visible on all the online/social media channels to market and grow our parenting membership base. With our customer-first ethos and attention to detail in all aspects of the customer experience journey, we are able to maintain a very healthy 70% customer return rate every month.
Our average basket is US$75 (RM300) which is 2.4x higher than the South East Asian e-commerce average benchmark of US$32. This shows that customers are very comfortable spending on our site and we intend to increase this average to US$90 (RM360) as we scale our business. We have also moved away from being loss-making and moved towards breakeven/profitability.
We have a panel of mummy influencers who have also helped to build credibility, spread the word and reach the wider market at large.
Based on a markup model, we earn a margin from the sale of respective brands direct on our Babydash platform. We own most of the stock on our platform and we have a mix strategy of outright, consignment and back-to-back depending on the velocity of sales of each respective brand and category.
Our strategy to cross and up-sell consumers to higher value items across our product mix has worked well as follows:
>US$1B Market opportunity
- Total Available Market (TAM) based on AOV of US$62.50 a month
- Serviceable Available Market (SAM) based on ~35% digital penetration (44.5% Msia, 43.8% SG, 35.5% Indonesia)
- Serviceable Obtainable Market (SOM) based on 20% of SAM
We aim to strengthen our lead in Malaysia, build Singapore and thereafter our next market to launch is Indonesia.
Our online competition comes from companies who are more focused on certain categories within the mum & baby space. Most of these stores focus on the high margin items such as toys, car seats and strollers. Babydash is the only online store that focuses on all the categories within the mum & baby vertical thus positioning itself as a complete integrated digital store for all parents.
We are a single seller store (very different to marketplaces) and we have direct partnerships with brands ensuring genuine and quality products. Babydash is named official supplier for certain brands and we have marketing partnerships with key brands to build our symbiotic business within the parenting community.
What sets us apart:
- Direct partnerships with brands
- Trusted brand by 180K and growing community of Parents
- Curated and personalized inventory catered to needs of Mothers and families
- Supply chain ownership which guarantees delivery within 24 hours
After we successfully built Babydash and tripled the business from our first round of Equity fund raising, our next aim is to scale up more aggressively and double our revenues in the next 12-18 months. We have spent the last few months re-platforming to a new backend and as we continue to build on our new technology, we will be scaling our marketing spend and building our data analytics team to achieve our new goals.
Fund utilisation will be allocated to: 40% customer acquisition; 30% brand & partner acquisition; 30% team expansion.
FOUNDER / CEO
Lavinie is a lawyer by degree (University of Bristol) with a Masters in Finance Law (London School of Economics & Political Science). An ex-banker with the then ABN Amro, she is an entrepreneur with Babydash being her second business venture, her first was within the performing arts industry for over 10 years (The Dance Space). She has built Babydash from scratch over the last 9 years and is determined to grow the company to be a strong e-commerce player in the Asian region.
THE CORE TEAM
Siao Chze our Finance Head has over 15 years of experience in finance, auditing and accounting. She was formally an audit manager with PricewaterhouseCoopers working with global names such as Tanjong Plc, Lenovo Asia Pac, Measat Satellite Systems and SimeDarby Group. As a partner of one of the leading accounting firms, she comes not only with vast experience in financial reporting, but is always striving to drive automation in businesses and to simplify process flows.
Thara our Marketing Lead is a marketing strategist with hands on experience in designing and managing marketing campaigns for start-ups including the likes of Exabytes & Nuffnang. She has vast experience in digital marketing, specialising in content and social media marketing. Thara is also a mother of three and the founder of Ratuwear, a nursing wear brand in Malaysia.
Candy our Operations Head is experienced in inventory & warehouse management, distribution and retail operations with over 25 years of experience under her belt. She has worked with brands such as Ramly Burger and Sushi King to name a few. Easily the most meticulous person in the team, Candy works tirelessly to ensure all customers parcels are sent out on time and in order.
Hazel our Community Lead is a communications specialist with experience in supporting businesses across multiple countries. Prior to joining Babydash she supported both internal and external marketing & communications efforts for Citibank across 8 countries. At Babydash, Hazel looks after our customers’ experience and community building efforts.
Toan our Tech Lead is a highly skilled developer and is based in Vietnam. He comes with 11 years of experience in Open Cart & Magento development and is an expert in web app, web addon, mobile app, IoT, PHP, C# and Java.
TV, RADIO & PRESS
BERNAMA TV NEWS
and more features: THE STAR, DIGITAL NEWS ASIA, THE EDGE, FOCUS MALAYSIA, BERITA HARIAN, KOSMO, UTUSAN MALAYSIA, VULCAN POST, THE MALAYSIAN RESERVE, MALAY MAIL, THE NEW STRAITS TIMES and ASIA TATLER
- No shares will be allotted or issued based on this document after six months from the closing of the offer period.
- This issue, offer or invitation for the offering is a proposal not requiring authorisation of the Securities Commission under section 212(8) of the CMSA 2007.
- This document has not been reviewed by the Securities Commission Malaysia. The Securities Commission does not recommend nor assumes responsibility for any information including any statement, opinion or report disclosed in relation to this fund raising exercise and makes no representation as to its accuracy or completeness. The Securities Commission expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from or in reliance upon the whole or any part of the information disclosed.
Please login as an investor to see more information.
We have been in the news!
Please login or sign up to see the discussions.