FGP VENTURES SDN. BHD.
Finterra Global Plantations is all about helping humans and the environment. Using principles of Ethical Finance, we provide a platform for safe financial investment opportunities with consistent returns achieved via sustainable afforestation and harvesting practices of the Paulownia tree, the world’s fastest-growing timber tree.
Our offering is well structured, supports the UNSDG Goal 13 for Climate Action, follows Environment Social Governance (ESG) criteria and is Shari’ah Finterra Global Plantations is all about helping humans and the environment. Using principles of Ethical Finance, we provide a platform for safe financial investment opportunities with consistent returns achieved via sustainable afforestation and harvesting practices of the Paulownia tree, the world’s fastest-growing timber tree.compliant.
What we do:
i) Technology Enablement
ii) Project Structuring
iii) Sustainable Investment Opportunities
We have opened phase VI of our Paulownia plantation and are looking to raise RM5.4million to fund the development of 500 acres through FGP Ventures, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Finterra Global Plantations.
Deforestation is a major issue that continues to cause a lot of problems around the world which need to be addressed soonest.
It is one of the leading causes if climate change causing sea levels to rise while also being responsible for rampant illegal logging, rising numbers of forest fires and for the unprecedented loss of natural ecosystems globally.
If the problem of deforestation is not addressed, it will lead to unrepairable damage to the earth within just 50 years as per COP 26.
Treebank Blockchain & Fintech App
Using blockchain technology will provide for better Transparency & Traceability in Plantation management, Timber Supply Chain and will provide liquidity for project development.
The use of Fintech (e-wallet, Blockchain Tokenization) can become a commercially scalable wealth generator, which is both sustainable and able to provide financial inclusion while benefiting the environment.
Treebank FinTech app which will enable you to:
- Invest in sustainable green investment options, with structured products
- Better manage your investment portfolios with real time data
- Track your investment performance with intuitive dashboard
- Load and withdraw from your investment account anytime
One of the most versatile tree species and the world’s fastest growing tree, Paulownia is non-invasive, used by commercial and industrial businesses to successfully meet the demands for sustainable and high-quality timber globally.
There are numerous uses of the Paulownia timber, namely:
- industrial plywood
- wood veneers
- modern furniture
FGP has received a very positive response on its Paulownia project. Having successfully funded five phases of the project (amounting to 2000acres), it is very much on track to meeting its target of raising funds for another 2500 acres by the end of 2022.
The overall project target is to raise funding for 10,000 acres in the next four years which amounts to planting over 3millions fast growing trees to meet the demands for sustainable and legal timber from the industry.
FGP currently has a pre-signed buy-back agreement for all the timber being harvested from its plantation by its partners. This means that all the timber being harvest has already been sold to:
- Green Afforestation International Network Sdn Bhd (GainGreen)
- United Paulownia Plantation Sdn Bhd (UPPSB)
- Other independent Sawmills in Malaysia
- Export to China and Japan
Our business model consists of:
- The plantations operations, which entails seedlings development from tissue culture in the lab, to plan nursery management, to planting and full management of the plantation, till timber harvest, and sale to sawmills.
- Development of the blockchain, that would register the journey of seedlings from lab, to nursery, to plantation, harvesting, and delivery to sawmills. Total transparency and traceability of timber.
- Overall project management, monitoring, compliance, and quality control of all processes.
- The structuring of capital/fund raising for project development.
Timber - The Winning Asset Class
For the last 50 years, timber has outperformed and continues to be one of the safest investment assets classes which offer consistent growth and returns. Based on existing growth levels, global timber consumption is at 2.3 billion cubic meters as of 2020, an increase of 24% from the 2015 level, equivalent to an increase of 4.4% increase per annum. This market opportunity is enormous and is driven by 3 main factors, namely GDP, change in lifestyles and population growth.
Finterra Global Plantations is taking advantage of this increase in demand through its plantations, providing steady returns at no risk, meeting market demands, while making the planet a greener place.
FGP has a few competitors. Those that are in the same space currently offer varying opportunities which are simply not attractive mainly due to being of longer tenures, having a higher entry point, not having attractive dividend rates, or having no clear exit plan. Below as a comparison between FGP and other players in the space.
FGP is looking to raise RM5.4million for one phase (Phase VI) of its 500 acres phases.
The breakdown for its utilization is as follows:
Investments can only be made in the multiple of RM1,000 with a minimum amount of RM3,000. The excess of any investment not in the multiple of RM1,000 shall be refunded to the investors accordingly.
To become the leading producer of green projects, while offering sustainable wealth creation.
NEW STRAIT TIMES & BERNAMA – MALAYSIA
COVER STORY - @FOREST MAGAZINE
BERNAMA NEWS - MALAYSIA
- No shares will be allotted or issued based on this document after six months from the closing of the offer period.
- This issue, offer or invitation for the offering is a proposal not requiring authorisation of the Securities Commission under section 212(8) of the CMSA 2007.
- This document has not been reviewed by the Securities Commission Malaysia. The Securities Commission does not recommend nor assumes responsibility for any information including any statement, opinion or report disclosed in relation to this fund raising exercise and makes no representation as to its accuracy or completeness. The Securities Commission expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from or in reliance upon the whole or any part of the information disclosed.