Sentuh is a digital platform that links qualified wellness & beauty mobile service providers with customers. Sentuh’s website and the newly launched mobile application provide an end-to-end booking and management system.
Sentuh provides data analytics and visibility at every point of the value chain. Launched 20 months ago, Sentuh now boasts more than 150 therapists from 3 different markets, namely Klang Valley, Johor Bharu and Kota Kinabalu.
Platform businesses have radically disrupted the traditional business landscape. Not only by displacing some of the world’s biggest firms, but also by transforming familiar business processes, consumer behaviour and value creation, and altering the structure of major industries. Wellness and beauty industries are no different.
There are 2 parts of the problem; one is for the consumers, and the other is for the merchants which are wellness and beauty service providers.
- For customers, booking their wellness or beauty treatment is a tedious and time consuming exercise of choosing the right physical wellness centres and making their booking on-site.
- For merchants, digitizing their services is a costly and time consuming exercise, apart from the complex technological requirement that is needed. And the current pandemic and post-pandemic environment and requirements meant that consumer trust will still be an issue.
- For consumers; Sentuh makes it easy for customers to access wellness and spa services without having to go physically through traffic jams, find parking and fully booked wellness centres.
- With just a few clicks, Sentuh users can book a house call (or wherever they are) appointment with the merchants and their mobile wellness and beauty therapist/provider. The merchants and the services provided on the platform are curated to replicate the services one would expect from an established wellness and beauty physical centre. A simple and seamless mobile app allows consumers to choose their services and the merchant to their liking, based on the descriptions and ratings.
- For merchants, Sentuh provides an end-to-end platform for wellness & beauty merchants to advertise their products (services) and receive house-call bookings. All the merchants have to do is to get their therapists/service providers onboard on the platform under the said merchant, which then each one of them will have access to their own personal dashboard for them to track their bookings and earnings.
Sentuh App caters for merchants and the end customers (both businesses and end customers). We morphed from a full B2C model to a B2B2C model, while still retaining elements of B2C model by Sentuh being one of the merchants on the Sentuh App platform.
Merchant Platform (B2B2C)
Services available on the platform are as follows:
- Massage Services
- Physiotherapy Services
- Antenatal care
Sentuh as a merchant (B2C)
Services that Sentuh provides includes the following:
- Sentuh Executive (for Corporate Malaysia)
Sentuh as a mobile wellness merchant, we are proud to be part of the growth of our trained therapists. Introducing them to the Gig Economy, embracing technology, and now managing their own therapists dashboard on the Sentuh App. Most of the therapists under our rank are from the B40 group.
Oct : Operations started in Kuala Lumpur. Recipient of Cradle Investment Program pre-seed fund (CIP-300).
Dec : 250th booking completed
Mar: 1,000th booking completed
Oct: 5,000th booking completed
Dec : Operations started in Johor Bharu; 1st city outside Klang Valley
Jan : Revenue reached RM1 million (USD$250k). Part of ScaleUp Malaysia 1st Cohort. Operations started in Kota Kinabalu
Feb : Development of Sentuh Mobile App
Mar : 10,000th booking completed
Apr : Development of the Merchant Platform model
Jul : Launch of Sentuh App & Merchant Platform model
Sep : Launch in Brunei
As one of the merchants, Sentuh's customers are:
- 80% female, aged 25-55 years old.
- Celebrities, influencers and VIPs (eg: Neelofa, Lisa Surihani, Mizz Nina, Fara Fauzana and many more). For this group especially, privacy is very important, hence why they have continued using our services and became loyal customers.
- and for our Sentuh Executive products, developed specifically for Corporate Malaysia, here are some of our customers:
Platform Model (B2B2C):
- For each merchant, we take 10- 15% fee from each successful transaction. Currently we do not charge any onboarding or annual fee, but this may change as we scale.
Sentuh as Merchant (B2C):
- For mobile therapists listed under Sentuh, we make 40% from each transaction. This includes our product ‘Sentuh Executive’ (massage services for Corporate Malaysia and events)
The global wellness economy was a $4.5 trillion market in 2018. CAGR grew by 6.4% annually from 2015–2017, nearly twice as fast as global economic growth
Wellness expenditure ($4.2 trillion) are more than half as large as total global health expenditures ($7.3 trillion, based on WHO data). The wellness industry represents 5.3% of global economic output.
Among the 10 wellness markets analyzed, revenue growth leaders from 2015–2017 (per annum) were the spa industry (9.8%), wellness tourism (6.5%) and wellness real estate (6.4%)
The corporate wellness market in the APAC region is set to grow from US$3.4 billion in 2015 to US$7.4 billion by 2024
Sentuh is not the only player in this space. We are competing with traditional wellness centers (physical), individual mobile spa therapists, and few other companies that are offering mobile spa services such as:
- Sparadise (more focus on beauty)
- PantangPlus (only offer post natal services)
- CK Beauty (no app or online booking system)
Our competitive advantages are:
- Comprehensive booking app for user and therapist
- Huge database of therapists
- Platform model business, easier to scale.
- Large number of followers and clientele
- More than 10 years experience in the spa industry
With this Equity Fund Raising Round, we are aiming to raise RM800,000.00 at a pre money valuation of RM9m.
The funds will be utilized for the second phase of Sentuh app which will make Sentuh as a booking platform for various wellness and beauty services such as massage, facial, hair, physiotherapy and many more. The breakdown of the fund utilization is:
- 40% for marketing
- 30% for tech development
- 30% for operation expenditure
To revolutionize by digitizing & mobilizing ASEAN Wellness & Beauty Industry (SAAS model).
To Become ASEAN Leading Wellness & Beauty Service Hub
To date we have received funding from the Cradle CIP-300 programme (worth RM300,000). We have also closed Pre-seed investments amounting to RM225,000 in the previous funding round.
Ahmad Aizudin, Founder & CEO
- 12 years experience as an entrepreneur
- 1 year in Customer Service for MNC
- Co-founded & managed Malaysia’s 1st organic skincare brand ‘Adania’
- Pioneer batch of Scaleup Malaysia Programme
Ain Nadia Yusoff, Co-founder & COO
- 10 year experience in Spa & Beauty industry as a business owner
- Certified Spa Therapist
- Founder of Amaryllis Salon & Day Spa (1st Runner Up for Best Spa in Asia Pacific Spa & Wellness Conference 2012)
- Member of Association of Malaysian Spa (AMSPA)
Hisham Talib, Chief Strategy Officer (CSO)
- Former Co-founder & CEO of PasarTap
- Head of e-commerce PT KLU based in Jakarta
- Pioneer batch of e-founder under Alibaba Business School & United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- Pioneer batch of MaGIC’s Global Accelerator Program
Ahmad Fairiz, Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Founding CEO of Recite Lab
- Software Developer with 17 years experience
- Former CTO for Accountants-Online.com, IeS Sdn Bhd and also Amanie Advisors. He had a brief stint at DiGi
Ahmad Kamil, Chief Financial Office (CFO) & General Manager
- Certified Accounting graduate
- 13 years experience in Accounting & Finance -Managing various business company account in Retail, Health & Wellness industry
- Former Operation leader at Amaryllis Wellness Sdn Bhd
Top 20 Companies in ScaleUp Malaysia 1st Cohort:
We are proud to be part of the 1st cohort for this prestigious program. And we are equally proud to have the ScaleUp team as our advisors and mentors.
- No shares will be allotted or issued based on this document after six months from the closing of the offer period.
- This issue, offer or invitation for the offering is a proposal not requiring authorisation of the Securities Commission under section 212(8) of the CMSA 2007.
- This document has not been reviewed by the Securities Commission Malaysia. The Securities Commission does not recommend nor assumes responsibility for any information including any statement, opinion or report disclosed in relation to this fund raising exercise and makes no representation as to its accuracy or completeness. The Securities Commission expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from or in reliance upon the whole or any part of the information disclosed.
Please login as an investor to see more information.
CEO of Sentuh Live Interview Session With Astro AWANI @ Niaga AWANI
Our CEO spoke to Astro AWANI about our current fundraising campaign and growth strategy.
Watch the interview via the link below:
Sentuh is an Angel Tax Incentive Certified Company
We are happy to announce that Sentuh is now a certified investee company under the Angel Tax Incentive Programme. To learn more about Angel Tax Incentive programme: https://www.cradle.com.my/products/angel-tax-incentive/
Sentuh brings the digital touch to wellness
Check out our latest media coverage by Digital News Asia
Please login or sign up to see the discussions.